Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thanks!


I made it home in one piece, and that is always a happy end to any holiday. I must say I had a really good time. There were no surprises. The holiday is what a holiday is suppose to be. I enjoyed the chance ; to relax, to enjoy life, to enjoy the company of great friends, to eat great food, to visit fantastic places, and to enjoy a special or unique environment. I accomplished all of this on this trip.

To be honest. The way I enjoy to travel is not for everyone. I seek adventure and the challenge that is involved in trying to make that happen. For most people. They are content to travel to a conformable location, with comfortable amenities. And to have it all easily provided for them. I don't have the mind set or the bank account to travel that way. My way requires more imagination, resourcefulness, and courage. To make my travel dreams become a reality.

For this to trip to happen it required the help and support of a special friend to make it possible. That friend is Peter V/D W. The year 1986 was a very good year for me. I made two of my best friends that year. Peter and Ethan Allan S. remain fantastic friends to this day. Thanks Peter for making me welcome at your home in The Netherlands. It is always a great pleasure to visit and the chance to live, in your excellent country.

Also I would like the chance to thank my new friends in London; Wanda and Barry is was great to meet you there. Steven C., thanks for the great day out. It is one I will never forget. The images of the beautiful English countryside will always be on my mind. Also Gary Flower, it was great meeting you. Thanks for signing my copy of your book, "The Lure Of The Silver Ball".

I will always enjoy quoting the Man from Margaritaville. "Sail away, that is the way I survive". I'm already looking forward to the next time, I get to sail away!

No comments:

Post a Comment