Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Visiting The Cascades



On this coming Saturday, October 1st. I'm off again on vacation for 1 week. With all the stress that is now. The normal part of our normal lives. It makes the importance of these getaways even more relevant then ever! Traveling to a wondrous and beautiful place. "Is the medicine, a Doctor cannot prescribe".
On this vacation I am heading back to the Pacific Northwest, and the Cascades Mountain range. I will be based in the "City of Roses" Portland, Oregon.
Thankfully it will be my third dose of visiting the Cascades, in the past 3 years.
For this trip. I want to explore the city of Roses and really have a chance to enjoy what makes the city of Portland so special. For Portland is the greenest city in North America. Also Portland is located so close. To the Magnificent Mt. Hood, and the Willamette and Columbia Rivers. This is what makes this city so special to me.
Also during the duration of this trip. I plan to spend some quality time visiting the Columbia River Gorge. One of the most scenic green areas. Not only located in North America, but on our entire planet.

I have posted a picture I took last summer during my Oregon Experience. As "The magnificent Mt. Hood. Welcomed me back to Oregon!!! Also I have included the city flag for the city of Portland. The flag was designed by Portland resident and graphic designer Douglas Lynch in 1969.
The Green represents "The forests and green which is a major part of the city, the blue repersents the Columbia and Willamette Rivers, and the yellow for the importance of agriculture and commerce.

I do enjoy to sail away. This is the way I survive!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment