Sunday, March 22, 2015

Saying Goodbye to Daiter's


Today was the end of era. I enjoyed my last visit to Daiter's Fresh Market. Which has been a Toronto Tradition. That was begun by founder Harry Daiter in 1937. The original location that was located in Kensington Market. Quickly became well know in Toronto for serving up fresh cheese and dairy products. In the heyday for Daiter's Fresh Market. There were 8 family owned locations located in the Toronto area. The remaining location, located at 3535 Bathurst St.which was open for business since 1964. Will close it doors for good on April the 2nd.

My later mom first patronized the original Kensington Market location. Where her mother took her in probably 1939, when she was six years old.

I also have enjoyed the tradition of shopping and Daiter's. The fresh cheese, bagels, bread, salami, potato latkes,  smoked salmon, chopped liver, gefilte fish fish and there famous coleslaw. Were enjoyed very much by our family and shopping at this store will be missed.

The only good news for fans of shopping at Daiter's. I spoke with co-owner Stephen Daiter today. Stephen informed me that several of there popular products will be still be available for sale when this famous Toronto store closes for good. These popular and high quailty items will be available at other retail food locations.

I will be enjoying some great Daiter's food for my dinner tonight, also all of the great memories!














No comments:

Post a Comment