Saturday, December 24, 2011

Songlines

The Travel Wolfe is getting ready to depart normal life and head into the imaginary and amazing world that is very real to me.

A lot of thanks goes to mentor and musical hero Jimmy Buffett for a lot of his great guidance along the way!

Songlines are dreaming stories often used by Aboriginal and other native cultures as navigational pathways to travel long distances. Singing the story enables one to travel along the songlines to traverse unknown country.

Here is the lyric from Jimmy Buffett great song "Barometer Soup". "I travel on the songlines
That only dreamers see
Not known for predictability".

The songline that I currently see. Is leading me to the island paradise of Barbadoes on January 9th, 2012. I will have the chance to explore, live and enjoy this fantastic place until Januray 25th. Then I must return to the rat race and a normal human existence. Until I see and hear the next songline that will lead me away!

Thanks Jimmy Buffett. Enjoy a Happy birthday tomorrow, and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZlittjRYD0

No comments:

Post a Comment