Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Anne Frank House- 1988








As I am getting ready for my upcoming dream vacation to Barbados. It is always great to enjoy and reminisce about my trips from the past. The positive experiences from traveling will be part of you always. Important places of history and beauty. Will always be high on my list. To visit during my trips.

One of my unforgettable memories occurred during my first visit to the The Netherlands. During the winter of 1988. I was touring in Amsterdam. Checking out all of the important places of history. When I came across "The Anne Frank House". Being born from a Canadian Jewish family. I was compelled to go inside. This historic building was the place where the Frank family hid from Nazi Germany. Who occupied The Netherlands from 1942 until almost the end of World War 2.

Sadly the Frank family was finally betrayed and were captured by the Nazi's and died in Concentration camps. Just prior to World War 2 ending in August 1945. Only the father Otto Frank and Ann's Diary. That Ann started writing. When her family went into hiding in 1942 survived!

I must admit I was very moved when I was in the place where. The Frank Family had fought for there very lives. In our human society that had gone completely crazy. What kind of evil can be part of us human beings? To commit and allow these horrible events to take place.

I had never read Anne Frank's Diary. Until I had returned home from my trip. I was now compelled to read it. After reading Ann's Diary. You very quickly realize what a beautiful and talented human being Anne was. Anne Frank looked so forward to enjoying and living her journey through life. But sadly she was robbed! And her chance to enjoy a full life was taken away forever!

Anne Frank and her writing will live on always. Rightfully so Anne Frank will represent all the innocent people that lost there lives during World War 2. Because of the corruption and greed that is sadly still evident in our world today.

Ann Frank and her memory will always be part of me. I will always try to enjoy my chance to live my life. And celebrate the things that Anne Frank and many others just like her. Would of also enjoyed very much. If they would had the chance.

When visiting Amsterdam. Here is where the "Anne Frank House" is located. Prinsengracht 267 1016 GV Amsterdam, Netherlands
020 5567105





No comments:

Post a Comment