Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First Day, O.K.!











Hello and welcome from the Island of the Sun Barbados.Today has gone very well. For my first day visiting a new country. Yes the weather is as good as they say!
Lucky I have made a new travel friend. A fellow Canadian named Ramiro. Who's originally from Venezuela.
Lucky for me that Ramiro is also staying in the same place. Because he showed my around. Also filling me in on the do's and don'ts. Trying to achieve a great vacation. While visiting the nation of Barbados. Also about some of the disadvantages of living in the Winchelsea Guest House.
Ramiro and I went to visit Barbados capital city of Bridgetown. We walked around downtown. Found a tourist office. Trying to make some plans before Ramiro returns home to Toronto on Saturday.
Tomorrow we are both doing the boat cruise on the "Jolly Rodgers". There is a boat ride, buffet meal and open bar. All for about $65 Canadian. I'm sure. Going on the Jolly Rodgers cruise. Is a must to do touristy thing to do. During your Barbados experience. I will try and not to overdo the booze. During my voyage.
Ramiro and I. Enjoyed a great lunch in a Chinese Restaurant we found in downtown Bridgetown. My plate of fried fish, chicken fried rice, and mixed vegetables. Was enjoyed. The cost $12.00 Canadian.
When they ventured to the north along the Caribbean coast. To the town of Holetown.This is a location. Where some of the wealthy residents of Barbados live. During our visit to Holetown. We enjoyed a visit to the local Post Office. The Barbadian postal workers were very friendly. As gave us a short tour of there facility. I do hope to bring home two Bajan postal caps as souvenirs.
Ramiro and I. Then purchased some groceries at the local food market in Holetown for dinner. Which consisted of beef stir fry and fresh salad.Ramiro did do a great job. To prepare an excellent meal. It has been a great first day of the Barbados Trip! I have to admit. It felt marvelous to be swimming in the Caribbean Sea, again!

1 comment: