Monday, January 16, 2012

From Holetown to Speightstown















Today was a very good day holidaying here in the Caribbean. After a good breakfast at the Winchelsea Guest house. I took the bus to Holetown, which is the capital of the Parrish of St. James. Where I get to call home during my Barbados trip.
After I arrived in Holetown. I went to see the postal-master who is in charge of the Post Office for the Parrish. A very nice man. I gave him two Canada Post caps. He gave me BPS caps and t-shirts for me to take home. We postal workers are a family worldwide. We all basically do the same job. Also in this high-tech modern world we now live in. This reality is trying to make our service rendered obsolete. Hoping the postal service can find away to reinvent itself. It would be sad to see it disappear.

After my short visit at the Holetown Post Office. I started my hike towards Speightstown (pronounced Spicetown). I stopped off at a beach located in Holetown. I chatted with a nice and friendly French Canadian man. I was shocked when he told me he was 85. Doing the things that makes you happy. Will make you last longer and give you many more years of living. What a nice beach. I had to swim there. There were no rocks, and I have never seen sea water so clear. It was my favorite place to swim in the Caribbean so far.

After my swim. I completed the 7KM or 4.8 miles to reach Speightstown. I really did enjoy it. The weather was great. I would stop whenever I felt I should stop and take a photo. A lot of luxury resorts are located in this area of Barbados. Catering to the very wealthy. After I reached Speightstown I was ready to eat lunch. The Fisherman's Pub took care of that with a great lunch. Which consisted of local beef stew, beans & rice, and cabbage with green beans.

I had a swim in Speightstown before I took the bus back to St. James. I did chat with some nice people from England. But the beach located there was not as nice as the beach I swam at earlier, in Holetown. Then I took the bus back to St. James. I know to get off the bus at the Jordan's Supermarket, located in the Parish of St. James. Then it is up the hill and stairs to my home here in Barbados, the Winchelsea Guest House.

I did purchase a few groceries before I went up to the Winchelsea. I purchased some decent; tomatoes, green peppers, and cucumbers. For a fair price. So I could make a nice salad, with my dinner. I did cook a nice steak dinner to be eaten with the salad, and served red wine as my beverage. It has been a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment