Sunday, January 22, 2012

No Food on Sunday!

After the very active day yesterday. I just enjoyed an excellent day here in Barbados! Just the way your suppose to. When on a Caribbean holiday. No deadlines, no work, no pressure, no aggravation, and no stress! Just relax by the sea! Have a swim and take it all in!!! After me relaxation on my favorite beach. Which is named "Settler's Beach". This pristine beach is located in Holetown. I then went searching for some lunch. I went to Speightstown and attempted to have lunch at the "Fisherman's Pub". However it was closed. Lucky for me the bakery was opened. So I purchased two of there delicious pastries. I then headed south back towards the Parrish of St. James. Looking for somewhere to eat. I jumped off the bus when I arrived at Payne's Bay. I stopped in a local Chinese Restaurant. They were open for business. But no one was there to take my food order. Just some locals drinking and watching a football match in progress. I didn't like the vibes in the place. So I made like a banana and decided to split! I walked from Payne's Bay back to my Barbados's home which is Fitt's Village. Again everything in the Jordan's Supermarket Plaza was closed. No food on Sunday for me. But lucky for me. I did have some nourishment with me to enjoy. I had a bag of potato straws. That I had brought with me from home, on the trip. That was the main course. For desert I enjoyed a coconut pastry recently purchased from the bakery in Speightstown. I now had the required energy to make the climb up the "Barbados' Stairs". To get back to Winchelsea Guest House. Fellow guests; Heather and Brian were in the kitchen when I arrived. Heather and just finished cooking her dinner. Heather was nice enough to let me sample the peas and rice dish she had just made. So just be aware fellow travelers. That a lot of Barbados business close down on Sunday. So you won't have to go without food on Sunday. I did put together some more great pictures of Settler's Beach located in Holetown. My favorite beach to swim on the island of Barbados. I am making my last road dinner for this trip, tonight. I am making a "Road Beef Stew". I will post a picture later how it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Final Road dinner of the trip was a success! I served Road Stew. Made with Angus Beef, red wine, soy sauce, one green pepper, one onion, 1 can of corn. I served hash brown potatoes and salad with it.

    ReplyDelete