Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Eating Great in Barbados!






When I was in the planing stages for my trip to Barbados. I was asking people that I know. Who have already visited Barbados. How they liked it? The consistent answer I received from many people was. You will enjoy Barbados a lot. But it is very expensive there.
Well the reality is. Yes Barbados does cater a lot to very wealthy people. There are many 5 star resorts here. That I am sure charge at least $300 U.S. a night, or more. Also the high end restaurants located here are also costly. A good dinner in a high end restaurant can cost easily $100 U.S.
But there are ways to enjoy yourself here. If you are not rolling on dough! So budget travelers rejoice! You don't have to be a CEO of a major corporation. Or are related to one. There are still decent low budget accommodations to be found here. During this holiday I found some excellent places to eat well and cheap! One good example is a great restaurant located in Speightstown. Which serves excellent Caribbean food. That will not put you into the poor house. The restaurant is called "The Fisherman's Pub" and can be found on Queen St. Which is one of the main streets in the town. Today I enjoyed a lamb chop, served with scalloped potatoes, and mixed cooked vegetables. My beverage was a glass of fresh mango juice. The cost $18 Barbados or $9 U.S. Good eating at a very good price!

No comments:

Post a Comment