Friday, January 13, 2012

St. John and St. Philip












After we left Harrison's Cave. The plan next was to visit the southeast region of Barbados. I must say. This is my favorite part of this island by far. When I win the lotto max lottery. And I get the chance to live in Barbados. It will be located somewhere. Where Ramiro and I visited today.

The beautiful sugar cane fields. Located in the unspoiled parish of "St John" is a place of beauty. Lush green and tropical beauty everywhere. Rolling hills. It almost made me imagine what Vermont would like if moved to the Caribbean. Along with it's great vista's of the Atlantic Coast. Visiting this region of Barbados is definite to do. During a part of Barbados holiday.

During our visit to St. John. Ramiro and I enjoyed a great eating experience. Being a totally not commercialized area of Barbados. There were no restaurants of any type to be found. So when we drove by a little homemade road side cafe. We could not resist the temptation to stop and give it a look. After looking the food over. We both decided to enjoy lunch at this unique place to eat. That we did. I dined a quarter barbecue chicken breast. Served with macaroni & cheese pie, and corn. Ramiro enjoyed a plate of barbecue fish, served with macaroni pie. The meal was enjoyed!

Traveling further to the south. Into the parish of St. Philip. The sugar cane fields were know long gone. However more beautiful tropical landscapes remained. Along with more great vista's of the sea. A fond memory will always be of visiting the remains of the Rugged Point Lighthouse. Sadly this once important navigational aid. Now stands in a total state of neglect. Sadly the lighthouse is now just considered a relic of the past. The views from the base of The Rugged Point Lighthouse are outstanding.

When then continued our tour driving back into the the year 2012. Into the Parrish of Christchurch. There is located Barbados International Airport "Grantley Adams". Just west of the airport lies the city of Bridgetown. Where all that is needed to house and entertain tourists can be found.

I indeed enjoyed my experience the last two days. enjoying the real sites and sounds Barbados has to ofer. I look forward to the remainder of my trip. Tomorrow great freind Ramiro leaves for our home of Canada. I will be attending the horse races at "The Garrison Savannah. To try and pay for my vacation. Wish me good luck!

1 comment: