Friday, January 20, 2012

Saving Sea Glass!




I started a fun activity while hanging out on the beach. During my Barbados vacation. I started collecting "Sea Glass". It all started when I found a beautiful green stone. I was hoping was a long lost emerald. Turns out my find was a perhaps a piece of a Heineken beer or Perrier glass bottle. That was thrown off a yacht into the Caribbean. Over time the salt water and erosion from sand and rocks. Turned the glass into what looks like a fool's emerald. It is fun to try and find it while enjoying yourself on a Caribbean Beach. I was rewarded for my searching today. As I found a rare blue piece of "Sea Glass". Which resembles a nice star Sapphire, perhaps!

This evening. The guests of the guest-house I am staying. Are heading out to enjoy a Barbadian tradition. We are heading out tonight to visit and enjoy the fish celebration, located in Oistins. Which is located on the south coast of the island. A large selection of fresh fish for dinner is what is on the menu. Plus Calypso, Reggae, Rum, and Dance. Is included on a Friday night in Oistins!

Tomorrow will be my Bajan Day at The Races. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment