Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bike Ride in The County!


An enjoyable part of the weekend was doing some bike riding. Prince Edward County is a perfect place to enjoy this activity. The County's terrain is flat. The scenery is picturesque, and the roads in most cases are very lightly traveled.

I also got to enjoy to ride my new addition. Which is a vintage "Supercycle Commuter". That I picked up at a Garage Sale on Saturday morning for $10. The bike was in decent condition, and all ready to enjoy. This Commuter is a six speed. The bike is a perfect fix for me, and was fast and conformable to ride!

Keith and I did a short ride in the Consecon area, on Sunday. After our brief swim. Then on Monday. I completed a solo ride. Also in the Consecon area. As Keith and a local friend. Went scuba diving looking for treasure, in Weller's Bay. I had my handheld GPS with me. Along with the handlebar mount for it. It was easy to attract the GPS to the handlebar of the Supercycle Commuter.

It was a neat experience as during my ride on Monday. I found and rode into a Winery. By the name of "Redtail". I rode in was given a free wine tasting. There are lots of very good wine producers, located in Prince Edward County. I enjoyed my wine tasting. I rode back to meet up with Keith and Gord. They drove me back to Redtail. So I was able to purchase and take home a great bottle of there wine.

I have included some photos I shot of bike riding in the county!

No comments:

Post a Comment