Saturday, July 2, 2016

Alburg Sand Dunes State Park

The rear of the "Old Schoolhouse B&B


It has been another wonderful Vermont experience! I have so much praise and love for the wonderful "Green Mountain" area!

Today I completed two short bike rides. The first in the morning was riding down Main Street. Until I reached West Shore Rd. I then rode my Raleigh Road Bike until I reached School Street. Then I returned home to the Old School House B&B.

After another great lunch. Which was purchased from the "Harborside Harvest Market. It is located on U.S. route 2. Just before the bridge that connects North Hero Island with Alburg. I have eaten extremely well on part two of this Vermont Adventure. Because of shopping at Harborside Market. The store is small but the quality of the food served is excellent!

In the afternoon. I rode all the way down Vt. Route 129. Until I reached the turnoff. For "Alburg Sand Dunes State Park". I rode until I entered the State Park. Local people have told me it is the best place to swim on "The Vermont Islands". After I entered the park. I was greeted by a friendly lady. Who works at the Park. She advised me. If I was just riding my bike though the park. I would not be charged the entrance fee. She went on to tell me. That their was a bike riding trail in the Alburg State Park. That would lead me to "Poor Farm Rd. Which would  be an easy way to get back to U.S. 2. Sounded like a good plan to me. So I rode through this unique State Park located in Vermont. I found the "Poor Farm Rd" without any difficulty. It was about 1 1/2 miles. Until I made it out to U.S. highway 2. I came out by the west side of the bridge. That connects Alburg with North Hero Island. I was at this point only a short ride away from. The Harborside Market. However I made the choice to ride back to Old Schoolhouse. As the bike riding conditions for a July 2. Were not ideal. As it was windy a cool today. I have included some photos from today.


The bike path located in Alburg Sand Dues State Park.
This photo of the beach located in Alburg Sand Dunes Park" was not taken by me. The photographer is unknown.













No comments:

Post a Comment