Sunday, October 2, 2016

Traveling To God's Country!

The Car Ferry leaving Charlotte Vt. heading across Lake Champlain towards Essex New York.


Happily I am back in God's Country! Properly named "The State of Vermont". The Green Mountains is a wonderful place to enjoy living life!

I left on Friday afternoon. As I left my home in the Greater Toronto Area. I first drove to visit long time friend Keith C. Who lives in the Ontario town of Trenton. It is a big advantage doing the long drive to Vermont, in two parts. Which does allow me to enjoy the journey. Compared driving the long distance in one shot!

I left for Vermont after enjoying a very nice breakfast at the cafeteria located on the Canadian Forces Base located in Trenton. The prices are very good and the quality of the food is also very good! The general public is welcome on the base to enjoy this great place to eat!

I then set out to reach my Vermont destination. Which is the "Gathering Inn" located in Hancock Vermont. Most of the driving takes place driving eastbound on the 401 towards Cornwall Ontario. It is here that I travel across the St Lawrence River into the United States. I then travel further east. Until I reach the city of Plattsburgh. From Plattsburgh. I head south on highway 87. Making my way to the New York State town of Essex. This is the location. Where I can take a ferry across Lake Champlain. To arrive in the Vermont Village of Charlotte!

When I arrived in the village of Essex N.Y. The conditions were very calm and overcast. To my good fortune. It had not rained almost at all during my journey. After having now arrived in "The Green Mountain State". I then proceeded north on Vermont Highway 7 (Ethan Allan Highway) to reach Middlebury. After a short stop. To pick up a few groceries at a local food market.I then drove a short distance on Highway 7 to reach Vermont Route 125. When you turn onto Route 125. You will quickly arrive in the town of East Middlebury. Just before starting your accent through the Middlebury Gap. It is a very scenic drive. This route is a great way to start a wonderful Vermont Fall Vacation!

I have included a few photos of arriving in Essex N.Y. Also my Ferry trip across Lake Champlain.

A very calm and murky Lake Champlain on this very overcast day!






Photos from Essex New York.

The Car Ferry arriving in Essex New York State.


Reflections of the trees just before arriving in Charlotte Vt.
An incredible day to be sailing on Lake Champlain!

No comments:

Post a Comment