Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Beautiful Delaware Park- Est. 1937





My brother John and I recently paid a visit to one of the most beautiful Horse Racing Venues located in North America. Beautiful Delaware Park was opened for racing in 1937. It is located in a very nice suburb of Wilmington, Delaware. 30 miles south of Philadelphia, Pa.

Like a true gem of a horse racing. A genuine version of the "Friendly Confines". You the racing or betting fan will be taken away from all the problems. The turbulent and troubled human world has to offer! You will be immersed in a more peaceful and kinder world of serenity!

I have enjoyed the classic great racetracks located in the United States. Like wonderful Keeneland and Churchill Downs located in Kentucky. Also the historic Spa located in Saratoga Springs New York. However Delaware park for me creates the perfect ambiance to enjoy the action packed spectacle of watching the horses and jockeys battle!. To find out who will be the fastest during the race.

I was introduced to Delaware Park back in 2004, While I paying friend Charlie Maier a visit in Philadelphia. I met Charlie through the internet, As Charlie was famous for repairing jukeboxes. Charlie Maier was astute in repair and maintenance of these famous music machines. I will always be thankful to Charlie for the great visit I enjoyed with him back in 2004.
I have included some photos. Displaying the true beauty of Delaware Park. Which is truly the "Friendly Confines" of horse racing!





Top 3 photos are of 'Blue Hen Madness" winner on this day at the races.


More photos showing the unique beauty of "Friendly Confines" of Delaware Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment