Thursday, May 21, 2009

Please fly me West, "Jet"




Yes it almost time for me to hit the road again. The excitement is starting to build. Like all of my trips. I can feel the adrenal glad starting to do it's job. This feeling never gets old. To me, this is the essences of life. It's what makes life special. This is what all children have in them. That gives them the ability to have fun, and enjoy themselves. Never loose this as long as you live.

The idea or the songline for this trip began with the inspiration of two great friends. They are Ethan Allan S, and his lovely better half, Christine E. They both traveled to the Pacific Northwest last March. They both had an amazing trip. They both came back recommending this destination to me. Al's thoughts were. "That he can't believe that I haven't been yet. Also he knows that I will love my visit to the Pacific Northwest".

I will quote one of my favorite lines. From one of my favorite movies. The movie is "The Odessa File", it starred actor John Voight. Early in this movie John Voight's character Peter Miller talks about fate working in mysterious ways. That's controls the destiny of history.

Last year I was suppose to fly on West Jet. For my June summer vacation. The destination was Nova Scotia. This one week trip never happened because of fate. I somehow misplaced my wallet the night before I was suppose to fly to Halifax. With no wallet and no driving license. I was forced to cancel the trip. West jet which has excellent customer service, unlike Air Canada. West Jet gave me a 1 year credit for 90% of the fare. The next morning with my wallet found. I quickly loaded my car and bolted for Vermont and the Green Mountains. What a great time I had. If I hadn't misplaced my wallet I wouldn't have gone to Vermont last summer. Also I would not be leaving for Vancouver on June 6th.

The definition of what a songline is. Jimmy Buffett refers to this as and idea that becomes reality. They are only created and seen
by dreamers. So keep you dreams alive, and they may become true.

The first two pictures on this post is from my flight to Vancouver, on June 6, 2009. So thank you West Jet, you did fly me west!

No comments:

Post a Comment