Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Search For The Lost Photos!








This is a good story that has to be told. That occurred during my holiday in Europe, 2009. I have always enjoyed to take pictures during my journeys. Trying hard to preserve the memories from the experience.

I was visiting with Steve C. during the second day of my time spent in the U.K. Steve had offered to take me on an outing outside of London. To visit his mother's home, which is located in the village of "King's Clear". We had just arrived in the village, and as usual I started to snap some photos. Then out of nowhere the worse, happened! The SD card inserted in my digital camera failed. My digital camera started to give me an error message. "To reformat the SD card. This could not be. Because I had taken over 200 pictures on this card. It was lucky for me. That I was using more then one SD card on this trip.

My camera also gave me the sad information. That there were no photos taken on the SD card, and again asking me to reformat. Lucky for me I was visiting with Steve C. at the time this happened. I was upset because it now looked probable, that I was going to loose 0ver 200 pictures from my trip. I was going to loose pictures from; Amsterdam, The Hague, and some pictures from London.

Steve told me right away not to reformat the SD card. To give the card to him. He thought that it was possible that the data on the SD card could still be salvaged. Therefore saving my lost pictures. I now started to hope. That the pictures could be saved.

I am really a moderate when it comes to how much modern technology has improved the quality of our lives. However I am a big fan of digital technology. The digital camera has advanced very much in the last 5 or six years. Also the cost to buy them has gone down. You are not stuck with the expense and nuisance of buying and loading film in a conventional camera. The fact is. If you make a bad mistake using a film camera. Then there is a good chance that your pictures and your memories will be lost forever.

This posting has a happy ending. A few weeks after I returned home. I received the good news from Steve. That most of the pictures from the failed SD card had been salvaged. He had the saved photos transferred onto a CD rom. He had given the CD to his brother Colin. To bring back to Canada for me. My lost photos were found and returned to me. Thanks very much to Steve C. I am now able to present them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment