Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lost A Good Friend and Fellow Traveler.



This picture was taken of Mike. After our hike in "Enchanted Rock" state park located in Texas.


http://travelwolfe.blogspot.ca/2010/02/enchanted-rock_25.html

Sad to report the death of a good friend and fellow traveler. Mike Bykov who passed away just recently.

I met Mike in 2010 during my February tour of south Texas. Meeting friendly and interesting people is part of the fun of any trip. For if you would of stayed at home. You would have never met some of the people that make the travel experience so rewarding. That become a part of your life! I arrived in the city of Austin. I checked in at the Hosteling International hostel located there. When I met Mike we just became friends right away. For Mike Bykov was a person who had a charismatic personality. Who just loved to live!

Mike was also a very bright and creative person. I could of predicted down the road that Mike was destined to gain a great job. Working for a prominent company. Mike was someone that could of changed our world for the better. For Mike had a lot going for him.

Mike and I shared some great time together even though it was brief. Our hike in "The Enchanted Rock" state park in Texas was a great part of my Texas trip. We also shared a passion for great food, and great beer! We also shared the ambition to travel out into this interesting and beautiful planet we get to call our home. And to enjoy ever minute of the adventure!

This weekend I plan to remember my friend by enjoying one of his favorite meals. That would be an incredible steak dinner. Served with all the trimming. Oh yes and some imported beer from Belgium. I believe Mike would of approved.

The world has lost a great person in Mike Bykov. I have lost a great friend. This thing we call life can be so unfair. Mike Bykov was only 28 years young.

All those that had the great luck of knowing you Mike will miss you! Safe Travels my friend. Wherever you go from here.


My menu for dinner tonight. Was designed to honor and remember the life of my good friend Mike Bykov.
The main course consisted of a fried Organic Angus Beef N.Y. cut steak. Served with fried mushrooms & onions, garlic & chive home-fried potatoes, and fresh sliced tomato.
The beverage was an imported beer from the Abbey of Leffe, Belgium.

For desert was strawberry shortcake served with mixed berry frozen yogurt. It was a meal to remember. I just know you would of also enjoyed this meal Mike!




1 comment: