Monday, July 30, 2012

Souvenirs

Most of my favorite memories. Have been created by visiting some of my favorite locations on this planet.

I did also bring home some interesting and obscure items during my travels. I thought it would be a fun idea. To prevent some of these items as a post on this blog.

I will start with Coca-Cola bottle that I brought home from my trip to Israel in 1988. The script on the bottle is in English and also in Hebrew. Which is the main official language that is spoken in the state of Israel.

Souvenir number 2 is an actual street Kentucky Derby Sign. That was obtained by me. After we ran "Truth Of It All" in the 1993 Kentucky Derby.

A Grolsch Beer glass that was found by me in a Thrift Store in the city of "The Hague" during my 2009 trip to Europe.

I purchased an antique restaurant "Tab" clock. During my summer 2008 trip to Vermont. I did spent some time also in the state of New Hampshire. This clock was found in an Antique and collectible store in Claremont, New Hampshire.

I purchased and brought home a very nice antique maple syrup pitcher. Which was found in the antique mall in Chester, Vermont. This was during my summer 2011 trip in the Green Mountain State.

During my 2009 summer trip to visit the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I found and purchased the Complete Playboy Centerfold Book. In a thrift store in Seaside, Oregon. Lots of beautiful scenery to view in this book.

Then after completing the "Mount Hood Loop". I found myself in Sandy, Oregon. Located on the west side of Mount Hood. There happens to be a "Goodwill" Thrift Store located in Sandy. I found a brought home a nice pair of Schwinn biking gloves. Which are still in use today. I also purchased a working first edition of Bose noise canceling headphones. I think both items only cost me $15. No sales tax in Oregon!

During my stay in Portland Oregon last October. I was perusing through Cameron's Used Books. I found a rare copy of the "Great Vending Machine" book by Michael Colmer.

This Post Card was sent on June 10, 2012, from Martha's Vineyard. This was the last day of my trip to visit the islands of Cape Cod. This post card was sent home. It arrived on July 31, 2012. I thought I would never see this postcard. The old saying; "better late then never". This postcard is an aerial shot of Edgartown and there historic lighthouse.




How about a couple of good songs about "Souvenirs". Here is classic footage of John Prine and the late Steve Goodman. Singing about the fun of collecting great memories. Also a not very well known song sung by Jimmy Buffett. That will always help. To bring back some special memories to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOTbg39-I5Q&feature=share

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQCSpyTF7-u7sW2n&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FICKE0X7QVwU%2Fmqdefault.jpg










No comments:

Post a Comment