Friday, July 11, 2014

Back On The Trailway


Another day of almost perfect weather conditions. Which inspired me to continue on the roll I'm on. I went to visit one of my favorite local places. Located just to the north of Brampton is the town of Caledon. Which consists of many small villages and hamlets.My favorites of these in the village of Terra Cotta and Cheltenham. Both of these villages are located very close to the Credit River. Also the "Caledon Trailway" connects both Terra Cotta and Cheltenham.

My enjoyable afternoon began with lunch at the historic old General Store located in Cheltenham. There sandwiches are very good. Also included is a perfect place to relax and enjoy your meal. On the deck located on the back of the old store or on a picnic table located right on the Credit River.Which was my choice today.

Then I set out on my mountain bike on the Trailway west to Terra Cotta which is located 4.5 KM away. However I initially bypassed the village to visit the western marker of the Caledon Trailway. Something that I have never done before. Then I road my bike to the park located on the Credit River, to have my swim. The water was cold. My swim was short, but it did feel fantastic being in the Credit River. It is always a pleasure!

Then I proceeded to get back on the trail to ride to Inglewood. Which is located 8.5 KM from Terra Cotta. After a brief rest break after arriving in Inglewood. I rode the scenic trail the 4 KM back to the General store located in Cheltenham. Celebrating my fun afternoon. With a small "mint chocolate chip" ice-cream cone. Life is, and can be very good!

Enjoy the photos!









No comments:

Post a Comment