Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hiking "The Red Trail"



Today I enjoyed one of the beautiful pleasure you can enjoy in life. Walking (hiking) through a pristine beautiful natural area.
I'm enjoying being on holidays this week. Even though I didn't travel anywhere this time around. I am still trying hard to enjoy life my way.

After a very relaxing bike ride this morning. I set out in the afternoon. To visit "Glen Haffy" Conservation Area. This very nice recreational area is located 10 KM (6 Miles) north of Caledon East on Airport Road.

I purchased a nice sub at Subway. Then drove to the park. I enjoyed a nice lunch. Which included boiling water on my Esbit Stove. To make some Apple-Cinnamon Tea. An Esbit hiking stove burns a solid fuel tablet which was invented in Germany in 1936. The tablets consist of a substance called hexamine. Hexamine fuel tablets are lightweight and are easy to ignite, and burn clean. After I enjoyed lunch. I headed out to complete the 2.7 KM hike on the "Red Trail".

I have included some photos of my hike on the "Red Trail".


















No comments:

Post a Comment