Saturday, July 19, 2014

Taking Off From Saba!


Going back to January 29th of 2014. Was my day trip to visit the exotic island of Saba. During my St. Maarten adventure.
I was on an organized tour. In which a boat was the mode of getting to and from Saba, from St. Maarten. Shortly after experiencing the horrible boat ride over to Saba. The water was very rough in the Caribbean Sea. I made the decision to fly back to St. Maarten on a "Winair" De Havalland Twin Otter.The flight back was extraordinary to say the least. Taking off from the shortest commercial runway in the world was very exciting! The extra money spent was an excellent idea. Avoiding another rough boat ride to get back to St. Maaten. In return creating another great travel memory!

Just before I boarded the Twin Otter. The battery on my digital camera ran out of juice. However lucky for me. I was able to continue to take pictures. As I was carrying my disposal underwater film camera. I picked up these rare photos today. I'm am very happy with the results.

The moral of the story is. Always have a plan "B" ready, just in case. Just in case plan A fails!












The top photo is after existing the De Havalland Twin Otter, after arriving at St. Marrten.

The camera I used to get these great photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment