Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Niagara River Recreation Trail


Today was a splendid travel day for the "Travel Wolfe". The weather was near perfection. So I headed out to spend a lovely afternoon. Visiting Niagara On The Lake. So I could enjoy riding my bike on the "Niagara River Recreation Trail". This exquisite trail built in 1986. Allows visiting to enjoy an intimate interaction. With one of the most beautiful parts of Canada,  the Niagara Area. The trail which begins near historic Fort George in "Niagara On The Lake" continues all the way to Fort Erie some 58 KM away. The trail hugs the Niagara River and all of the beautiful scenery that is a joy to take in.

I have to thank great friend Harold for recommending this trip. So surprising it took me so long too take it all in. But as we say in the Post Office. Better late then never.

On my arrival. I secured my car one of the free places to park. Not very far from Fort George. Then I devoured a lunch that I prepared at home. Prior to leaving on the trip. Which is a great idea to bring a picnic lunch with you. Not very many fast food choices in this area. A great place to enjoy lunch in some of the best beautiful surroundings that Canada has to offer. There are also lots of picnic tables provided and some charcoal barbecues as well.

II now present my pictures of riding my bike along the "Niagara River Recreation Trail". I rode about 20 KM for the afternoon. To the village of Queenston Heights and back to Niagara On The Lake.\














No comments:

Post a Comment