Friday, February 5, 2016

Is It All Right Now?

After breakfast I met with one of the administrators for Air Canada Vacations. I found the gentleman to be very helpful and curious! Which is always very appreciated by a wayward traveler? Making mistakes in life and during a vacation visiting a foreign country is very easy. Making everything go smoothly is much more difficult. But what is success if you don’t have to overcome the challenges that have to be overcome!

I have booked a tour of Havana tomorrow. I am looking forward to that. So I will have some interesting facts and photos to post on this blog, in the next post. So stay tuned! After meeting with the friendly gentleman from Air Canada Vacations. I set out on a walkabout Varadaro. Just to pick up some of the new atmosphere of my surroundings. Also to relax and burn off some of the calories I have consumed for breakfast this morning.

I started the walk at 66 street and started heading west down the main street of Vadareo. I passed lots of interesting shops and couldn’t help but notice all of the old and classic cars from the 1950’s that are still alive and well here in Cuba. One of the benefits of the communist system of administration for human society. That a lot of modern convenience for the citizens of Cuba has not yet been achieved. A lot of the cars that were in use before the Cuban revolution are still in use today. Saying that it looks apparent to the Travel Wolfe. That modern Cuba is posed and ready to move to a full blown free enterprise business system. I will do a separate post on the classic cars of Cuba later on during this trip. After stopping for a necessary washroom break. I stopped at a small shopping plaza that I passed by. I have to mention I was charged 1 tourist Cuban Paso to use the washroom facility. The washroom was clean. But there was no toilet paper provided. Lucky for me. I was ready for this problem as I did enough homework in preparation for this adventure and was carrying a package of hiking toilet paper with me.

I then headed to the beach. Which is not very far from the main drag of Varadero. I got the chance to do some “Havana Daydreamin’”. Just dreaming my life away! Thanks Jimmy Buffett I defiantly needed that!!! You see the wind was up and the waves were large. Mother Nature has the wonderful ability to create such wonderful beauty. Both sites and sounds. This includes the ability to calm us people down and take away any unnecessary feelings of sadness and anxieties!

Then I started the trek back to my hotel the Palma Real. During the walk back. I passed by a great bar located here in Varadero, named the “Beatles Bar” There was a great local Cuban band in concert on the stage located outside the bar. This band is talented and was rocking up a storm! I did videotape a last part of the performance singing the classic band “Free” tune "All Right Now”. Maybe it is now? But at least I’m now heading in a better direction. I have posted the video I shot of this talented band on YouTube.
"The Beatles Bar"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQXrEdm4BDw&feature=youtu.be
My video of the great cover of "All Right Now"

No comments:

Post a Comment