Thursday, June 15, 2017

A Visit to Stowe


photos from the morning bike ride.

Today was another marvelous day of this holiday in Vermont. The weather was again near perfection. With Mother Nature providing the right amount of; temperature, sunshine and humidity. Just a wonderful job Mother Nature!!!!

I started the day was a nice breakfast at the Gathering Inn. Which consisted of a nice fresh Vermont yogurt topped with a nice healthy cereal. Then oatmeal toast topped with all natural blueberry jam. And a nice cup of freshly brewed coffee. Made by yours truly! What a great way to get the required energy to enjoy a great day of vacation. Enjoying here in the Green Mountain State!

I completed a bike ride to the village of Granville. Located just to the north of Hancock. Then cycled back to the Gathering Inn. I was then ready to have a nice day trip to visit the most famous of the towns located in Vermont. That would be the town of Stowe. This part of Vermont is renowned for it downhill skiing in winter and it mountain biking in summer!

I arrived around noon and enjoyed a very nice lunch at the "Cafe on Main St.". Then I set out for a leisurely bike ride on the "Rec Path". Which has become a Vermont tradition for me. A valued part of a wonderful Vermont Vacation!

Then I paid my second visit to the "Von Trapp Family Lodge". Which over looks the beautiful valley and surrounding mountains that make up the beautiful Stowe Area! This high end place to stay in Stowe. Is owned by the original Von Trapp Family Singers. There real life story was the inspiration for "The Sound of Music". A classic movie to watch and enjoy! I have included some photos from my wonderful day today!

photos from the "Rec Path" located in Stowe.
Overlooking Stowe Vermont is Mt. Mansfield. At 4393 ft is the highest peak in the Green Mountains.



The Von Trapp Family Lodge and views overlooking Stowe, Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment