Monday, July 1, 2019

Cooperstown N.Y.- Home of the Baseball Hall of Fame




Today I finally made it too Cooperstown. To enjoy visiting the Baseball Hall of Fame. That was established in 1936.

The drive was very interesting. My Garmin GPS did a great job. After leaving my hotel. The GPS put on a highway for 10 miles. Then it was winding and twisting up and down hills. Until I finally arrived in the beautiful and scenic town of Copperstown, New York.

I found the Hall of Fame without any problems. I quickly found out that there was no parking for the Hall of Fame. However they do have a good system of 3 free parking lots. A shuttle bus picks you at at the lots and drops you off at the Baseball Hall of Fame. Then it is easy after you have finished your visit. To get a bus ride back to your vehicle. The charge for the trolley bus service is $2 and you can use it all day. Admission to the all of Fame is $25. But they do stamp your hand your hand. So you can leave the Baseball Hall of Fame and re-enter for free!

I spent a lot of time taking photos of some of my all time favorite players enshrined in the Hall of Fame! Also looking at exhibits on 3 levels of the Baseball Hall of Fame. I enjoyed seeing the photo of Hank Arron home-run jog around the bases, after hitting home-run 715. In April 1974 and is joined and congratulate by two young and ecstatic fans! Also I enjoyed seeing to souvenirs from Ebbets Field. The former charismatic home of the Brooklyn Dodgers. Enjoy my photos from Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Tomorrow morning. I leave for the beauty and serenity of The Green Mountains of Vermont.

Some of my favorite inductees:





Some of my favorite exhibits!

From the original scoreboard at Comisky Field



The great Brooklyn Dodger Catcher Roy Campanella

An original Babe Ruth uniform.

The original visitors bullpen home-plate. From Ebbets Field

The cornerstone from Ebbets Field.




No comments:

Post a Comment