Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ixtapa Mexico, February 2005

2005 marked my return to my first love. To get back into the air, and to visit somewhere new and exciting. Things had stabilized at home. So on with my life! This marked the second time. I had the chance to travel with a great friend. I have been very fortunate to call some very special people my friends. Keith C. and I were off on a week trip to somewhere warm. Ixtapa Mexico. It was an all inclusive trip. They are great deals. Especially if you only going away for only 1 week . It isn’t my favorite way to travel. I prefer the vagabond style. Try to get out in the place or country you are visiting. And try to enjoy, and see it all. You have to be careful to balance travel and relaxation. So you come home with a new attitude. And are ready to tackle the stress and bullshit of the real world once again. I would have never survived all these years. If I would have never had the chance to sail away! Keith and I had a great week. We ate well. Swam in the ocean a lot. Rode rented bicycles twice. Went on a tour. We did ride our bikes to Zihuatanejo. It gave us the chance to get away from the commercial tourist area of Ixtapa, and enjoy a real Mexican town. I did get badly sunburned on this trip, on the first day. While Keith and I were snorkeling. Also I had a run in with some unfriendly coral. Och! I almost forgot the mosquitoes. Those blood sucking monsters are everywhere there. However it didn’t dampen my spirit, and I still had a great time. It is defiantly a real advantage if you get to travel with a great compatible friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment