Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Vermont, October 2007





I wasn't finished for great trips in 2007. It was time for me to visit another place that was very high on my list. To visit during my life. The state of Vermont. This was a one week trip to the Green Mountain state. I drove to great friends place Sandie and Keith. Located just outside of Brighten Ontario. I started to get into holiday mode. The next morning I traveled east to get to Vermont. I knew I was in for a great trip as soon as I laid eyes on Lake Champlain for the first time. The lake is the western boundary between New York state and Vermont. When you cross the lake you leave the rat race behind, for sure! Green Mountain State is like one huge state park. I drove to Burlington. The largest city. It has 40,000 lucky people living there. I couldn't find a place to stay there. October is high tourist season in Vermont. When the Green Mountains. Burst with all the fall colors. It is an awesome display of natural beauty. However I got a great lead. I received a reservation in a hotel called the Coolidge. They have some rooms there that they keep for hostelers. I was in luck. Good things were starting to happen. I had some dinner in Burlington. Then headed off to a town called White River Junction. It is a small town. Like all of Vermont. 90% of the lucky population lives in small villages, towns or hamlets. I arrived at the Coolidge and checked in. I liked it, very much. I had my own room in a historic hotel in Vermont, for $25 per night. Is this a dream or is it real? I pinched myself. Oh, yes it was real. And I was in heaven for a romantic fool like me. Everything was perfect and I’m on a roll. The whole trip went perfect! I stayed at the Coolidge for 7 nights. Doing day trips all around the state. The highlight was hiking in the Killington area. Eating in the old historic diners is very special food and atmosphere. I loved my experience in the Green Mountain State. Vermont isn't a state at all. It’s a state of mind! I will be back

No comments:

Post a Comment