Friday, March 14, 2008

Welcome to my travel blog

My photo of the Eiffel Tower, during my 3 day visit to Paris in 1991. Here is my first post for anyone who really loves to travel. I will cover all my my trips which started back in 1983. My first holiday to Freeport, in the Bahamas. As a young boy. I was interested in travel. I use to look at books with pictures of beautiful places from around our world. For a traveler looking at pictures. This isn’t good enough. Traveling to the place and to experience the location is the ultimate experience you can possibly have in life. I’m from a middle class hard working family. Very lucky to have very supportive parents. I was an average student and only finished high school. My marks weren’t good enough to pursue a university education. I joined our family business in 1979. After I graduated from high school. Our family was always sports oriented. My Dad being an above average athlete. He was almost good enough to be a pro baseball player, and was also very good at Canada’s national game ice hockey. My Dad always loved horses, and when given the chance. Pursed his love to be a professional thoroughbred horse trainer. My parents pursed that love from 1972 to my Dad’s retirement in 2000. Being at the racetrack was the chance not to be part of the real world. It was a lot of hard work. However you had the chance to work with amazing athletes. The horses are great! I will always have amazing memories of working with them. My career with the horses ended in 1993. Our business was in decline. I was hired by the Canadian post office in January 1994 and continue to work for them today. But dam, I had to come back to the real world! But love of travel costs money. The post office has given me a decent supply of the root of all evils and my paid holiday leave, has also given me the chance to keep doing it. When I worked in the horse business. I would work from the middle of January until the first week of December. I would have 5 weeks off, to get ready to do it all over again. So I would escape and get the hell away from Toronto. So my travels began in the winter of 1983. I would like to thank my great friend Al for helping to set this blog up. This bottom photo is from my most recent trip to Arizona. It is from Turf Paradise Racetrack. America's desert track! The writing or pictures from this blog can not be used without written permission, from the author of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment