Sunday, March 30, 2008

Philadelphia, May 2004

The classic Vintage "Jack Rabbit" Roller Coaster "Kennywood Amusment Park" Pittsburgh
Very good friend "Charlie Maier"
My Classic 1960 Rockola Jukebox 1484- Because of all the family problems that my brother and I were now faced with. I didn’t travel again until early summer 2004. I went to visit a good friend of mine. His name was Charley Maier. Sadly Charley passed away last year. He was in very poor heath when I meet him finally in 2004. Charley was my jukebox repair person. He helped to look after my classic 1960 Rock-ola jukebox. Which I still proudly own. Charley Maier was the best jukebox repairman in the world. He was an expert at repairing these classic and timeless machines. He will be missed by me, and all other people who are jukebox owners. Thanks to Charley I had a great time on my visit to Philadelphia. He showed me all around the city. We went to see the Baltimore Orioles play at Camden Yards. Went to the horse races at Philadelphia Park, and Delaware Park. If you’re a horse racing fan. Delaware Park is one of the best classic racetracks that is still active in the U.S. It shouldn’t be missed. Charley also took me to Pittsburgh. To see Kennywood Park. It is also a survivor. One of the oldest amusement parks. That is still going in the United States. If you love riding the old classic wooden roller coasters. Then you will feel like a kid again, and fall in love with the place. Also it was great to be in Pittsburgh. As through the 1970’s I was proud to say I was a devout Pittsburgh Steelers fan. It did feel right for me to finally be in the steel city!
The Grandstand at Delaware Park Racetrack
Camden Yards- Home of the Baltimore Orioles MLB AL.

No comments:

Post a Comment