Tuesday, August 19, 2008

California favorite homes!




In February of 2007. I had the chance to tour California. I had an excellent time. I am going to feature three great places. That I got to call home during my California adventure, in this posting.

The first part of this trip began in San Francisco. I have heard mixed reviews of people that have visited the city by the bay. Some people love it, and some people don't. I'm on the love it list. I had an excellent time exploring San Francisco and the Bay area. A big part of my success was my accommodation. I stayed at the HI Hostel, located at Fort Mason. This is the best location you could possibility stay, during a visit to San Francisco. You are a stone's throw from the Bay. I use to wake up ever morning, and enjoy the short walk to see the Bay. Looking west you would have an excellent view of the Golden Gate Bridge. It is all park land leading up to the bridge from Fort Mason. Walking east from Fort Mason you would soon arrive in Fisherman's Wharf. It is the tourist action spot of San Francisco. With a lot of choice for food, and entertainment. Also from Fort Mason, it was an easy walk to get into the excellent public transit system, that San Francisco features.

The staff in The Fort Mason Hostel were all friendly, and helpful. The accommodations were fine, and the amenities in the hostel were great. Also this hostel offers free parking for cars. That is a big bonus! It is by far the best budget place to stay in the city by the Bay.

The second great place that I stayed, was in the city of Monterrey. I can only say great things about this travel hostel. It was of the best that I have had, the pleasure to stay at. The location is excellent. The comfort, the management, and the amenities were all great! I just hope that I make it back there one day. Overall the Monterrey Carmel area, is the best part of California to visit. In my opinion.

Last and not the least. Is the HI hostel that I stayed at, during my visit in San Diego. This great place to stay is located in the Point Loma neighborhood. I have to admit. That San Diego, California is one of my favorite overall cities. That I have had the chance to visit. During my travels. San Diego is clean, comfortable, and very safe for an American city. It boosts an almost perfect climate, and is a paradise for anyone who enjoys recreational biking, like myself. The hostel located in Point Loma is a very comfortable and a friendly place to stay. You are only a 20 minute bike ride from the hostel to downtown San Diego. Parking is free on the streets, right by the hostel. Also as an added bonus. The friendly staff that run this great hostel offers free all you can eat pancakes, for your breakfast, every morning. That was a very nice gesture, from a excellent place to stay during your visit to San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment