Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My favorite homes in France- 2000

Centre Des Fontaines Eu-Le Tresport Hostel- All of my trips have been special. However the trip to France in the year 2000. Will always hold special meaning for me. It was because I got to travel with great friend Peter V/D W. Peter has always been a great friend and mentor to me. Also it was the special places and the itinerary that Peter and I chose on this trip. Our accommodations on this holiday were also very special. I will now remember and present to you. Some of the best places, that we had the chance call home, during our vacation in France. The first place that we stayed was one of the best. It was a hostel located in what use to be a monastery. This monastery was part of a huge chateau, that is located in the French town of Le Treport. When we walked into the Centre des Fontaines - Eu-Le Treport hostel. You could just feel the history and the special atmosphere, that this accommodation offered. Here are two pictures that I took of the hostel located in Le Treport. Next great place Peter and I stayed in France. Has a excellent story behind it. It began on Tuesday July 11th. The day began with us touring the history in Dieppe. Then in the afternoon. Peter and I made the races in Deaville. This picturesque town is the home of one of France's prestigious racehorse meets during the summer. Peter and I arrived in time to watch the last 3 races. This was my first time ever attending the races in Europe. I looked at the horses in the walking ring. I sorry to say that I can't speak a word of French. So I had to rely on my horse instincts to try and handicap a winner. I decided to bet 10 French Francs (The equivalent of 2 Canadian dollars) on two horse to win. On the number 6 horse and the number 9 horse. To my delight the number 6 horse (Test Ze Legend). Made the lead turning for home, and held on determinedly for a 1/2 lenght win. I was even more delighted when I cashed my ticket, and received $159.60 FF for my winning bet. Test Ze Legend had won at odds of 16 to 1. We were now moving on to the city of "Bayeaux" to celebrate my win at the races. Dinner was on me! During the dinner at a restaurant in Bayeaux. Our table was close to a nice couple from San Diego, in the U.S.A. During the conversation Peter and I had with Jamie and Cindy. We asked them where they were staying. Well, we were to receive a fantastic review of an accommodation near Bayeaux. Jamie and Cindy told us, they were staying at a 17th century farmhouse. That was being used as a "bed and breakfast". They said it was fantastic, very comfortable, and the price was cheap. The cost was only about $25 dollars per person. That night Peter and I stayed at the hostel. That was an annex of the main hostel located in Bayeaux. The main hostel was full. So Peter and I had to stay in the associated hostel. It was O.K., nothing wrong with it. However it was nothing to rave about. Peter and I talked about trying to find the old farm house, that Jamie and Cindy had told us about. So after touring the "Normandy Beaches" in the morning. We set out to find the 17 century farmhouse, bed and breakfast. It was a challenge. However Peter and I were up to the challenge. Success! We found the charming and beautiful bed and breakfast "LA FERME DES PERELLES". Located at 14400 saint-vigor-le-grand. It was everything you dream about. Actually being in France. I would stay there again for sure. Here are some great pictures. I took of this historic, and fantastic accommodation. I have saved the best for last. Chateau Morahan was the best place that Peter and I, got to call home. During the summer of the year 2000, while we toured France. Peter and I found this fantastic place to stay, just by chance. We were driving along enjoying the great scenery in the Loire Valley. Then Peter noticed a road sign advertising Chateau Morahan being offered as a bed and breakfast. We both agreed that we had to try and find the Chateau. Having the chance to stay in such a historic place is always and exciting possibility. Sure enough we found Chateau Morahan. Wow! It was just like living a dream. The whole experience was surreal. The Chateau was run by a very nice French lady. The castle was bit rundown, inside. However the accommodation for two expert budget travellers was luxurious. The lady served us a great breakfast outside. We enjoyed eating, while enjoyed a beautiful French morning. It doesn't get any better then that! Staying in this fabulous place will always be one of the highlights of may amazing trip to France, during the summer 2000. Now enjoy some great pictures. That I took of the castle.
La Ferme Des Perelles, Bayeau
Chateau Morahan

No comments:

Post a Comment