Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Home Sweet, Vermont Home.


For my final chapter in my favorite homes, away from home. I'm going to feature my favorite place to stay in Vermont. It is the "Hotel Coolidge". I discovered this fantastic place to stay. During my first visit to the Green Mountain State in October, 2007. Honestly I found the Hotel Coolidge by good luck. I had no reservations when I set out for this trip. During the first two weeks in October is the high season for people coming to visit Vermont. To relax and get away from it all. The beauty of the Green Mountains is stunning. When they become the; The Red, Orange, Golden, and Yellow Mountains. I was very fortunate to find White River Junction, and the Coolidge Hotel. I truly feel that I am at home when I am here!!!

The Hotel Coolidge started as a place of hospitality in 1849. It is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places in the U.S.A. It is located at 39 South Main Street - White River Junction, VT. Right in the heart of this quaint Vermont town. It is like going through a portal in time, when you pull of interstate 91, and roll down the hill into the town. It is truly like you are in another world. What can be better then that! This fanatic place to stay is a also a budget travelers dream come true. They do allot some rooms for Hostel International (HI) Hostel guests. The cost is only $25 per night. So you can easily see why I will continue to keep visiting Vermont. It is a wonderful place to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment