Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One Of My Greatest Days!

Through of all of my great life experiences. To be honest I enjoyed more then my fair share of fun and adventure along the way.
A lot of this was created by me. Because of my adventurous spirit combined with my imagination. One of the greatest days of my life. Occurred during my first big trip, back in 1986. I enjoyed the excitement of touring around the "Confederation of Helvetia". Also know to most people as the European country of Switzerland. Yes I enjoyed 1 month of my life. Living and loving life in Switzerland.

On July 22, 1986 I found myself located in the unique mountain village of Zermatt. Located below the Matterhorn. This great mountain which stands on the southern boarder between Italy and Switzerland. Stands a constant vigil overlooking and protecting the country of Switzerland. The Matterhorn stands 4,474 meters or 16,690 feet. It is one of the most beautiful and scenic mountains located on our Planet Earth. I know this first hand. Because on this beautiful summer day back in 1986. I hiked from the village of Zermatt onto the Matterhorn to an altitude of 2,580 meters or 8,464 feet. A cable car was the mode of transportation. On my return trip back down the mountain. On that special day. The Matterhorn and the country of Switzerland. Left me with a lasting feeling of joy. That will remain with me always! For that special day. Will always continue to be. One of the greatest days'in my life! Enjoy the photos from my hike!

The photos from the hike going up the Matterhorn!


Talking the cable car down the Matterhorn back to Zermatt.





















1 comment:

  1. While you were out playing around in the mountains of Switzerland I was back at the barn taking care of your horses!

    The pics are amazing and the Matterhorn is mind blowing to say the least DW. I still gotta show you the Alps tour Blu-Ray

    ReplyDelete