Monday, May 21, 2012

Sherman Falls to Tiffany Falls


Today I ventured back to the Hamilton area to enjoy a short hike on the Bruce Trail. Thanks to my hand held Garmin GPS. I had no problem finding Sherman Falls. As I enjoyed a visit there last year. And I saved the exact position in the memory of the GPS. My Garmin GPS then gave me competent navigation in creating my route to get from my home, to the exact location of the Falls.

I enjoyed visiting Sherman Falls again. Like most of the falls located on the Niagara Escapement. They are hidden away from the rest of the world. You have to search a little to find them. They are worth the effort. As they are still located in a natural and pristine setting, and are there to be enjoyed.

After visiting Sherman Falls. I completed a short hike on the Bruce Trail. Which takes you right by Sherman Falls before continuing north in the direction of the end of the trail. Which ends in the Ontario town of Tobermory.

I did not hike a long distance today. I just wanted to enjoy some quality time on the Bruce Trail and to get better accustomed to my new Lumix digital camera. I was unaware that there is another very nice waterfall that is located very close to Sherman Falls. Tiffany Falls was found taking a side trail from the main Bruce Trail route.

You can be the judge of the pictures I shot of my hike on the Bruce Trail today. Any comments will be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment