Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ride Over The Bridge

During the winter of 2007. I enjoyed traveling in the state of California for 3 weeks, in February. I spend 1 week in Northern California in the Bay area. That time was enjoyed! And yes I did fall in love with the city of San Francisco. You will enjoy your time spent in this classic city for many reasons.

My favorite love in the City by The Bay. Is an engineering wonder of our world. The Golden Gate Bridge was by far my favorite part of being in San Francesco. I enjoyed the pleasure of riding over the Golden Gate Bridge 3 times during my stay. I brought along on my California adventure my folding Dehon travel bike. The views and experience riding over the bridge were both outstanding!

The Golden Gate Bride is not only a historic and incredible feat of engineering. It also represents what can be accomplished if government and citizens work together for a positive purpose. As the Golden Gate Bridge was built during the height of the great depression in the 1930's. Both the U.S. government and the people of San Francesco raised the necessary cash for the construction of the Bridge to take place. The Golden Gate Bridge created badly needed jobs and income for the people of the Bay Area. The completion of the Golden Gate Bridge in 1937 created an important and vital transit link. As cars and cargo trucks could then travel along highway 101 down the coast of California.
Enjoy my photos of riding my bike. Over the Golden Gate Bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment