Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Drive to Lincoln


Today was another wonderful day of this vacation. That has been enjoyed in "The Green Mountain State". After speaking with a friendly fellow named Les at the Gathering Inn., after breakfast this morning. Les convinced me go on a very special and scenic drive to the village of Lincoln. I drove up heading west on route 125. Until right after you have passed the Breadloaf Campus.  Then you make the first right hand turn. Which is an old dirt mountain road that leads to some excellent hiking trails. This road also takes you right through some very scenic forest settings all the way to the village of Lincoln. After a break from driving. Which was spent at the Lincoln General Store. I then drove down the mountain, using the "Lincoln Gap Road". The Lincoln Gap road takes you onto route 100 very close to the village of Warren. Where my next stop would be. Enjoying a another delicious sandwich and cup of coffee at the Warren Store for lunch.

I have included some photos of this unique drive today
Pictures on the dirt mountain road to Lincoln.







  Pictures driving the "Lincoln Gap Road" to Warren.




No comments:

Post a Comment