Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Vermont Trip part 2- "The Isle LaMotte"

A final swim in Blueberry Lake.

Today has been a fantastic day! As this holiday is turning out to be a smasher! Today after I woke. I started to organize all of my belongings. To prepare to leave for part two of my Vermont Adventure. I will travel today to The Isle LaMotte. Which is a beautiful island located on Lake Champlain.

I enjoyed a nice breakfast of farm fresh eggs. Which are free to all the guests at the Gathering Inn. I do admit I will miss the Chickens and their eggs. Plus I do love staying at the Gathering Inn! Kathleen showed me the work  being done on the local general store in Hancock. Which has new ownership and a whole new eating and shopping experience.  Soon to be enjoyed in the village of Hancock!

After enjoying a nice chat with Rick. I finished packing my car and was on my way to begin part 2 of this exciting adventure! The first activity on the day was enjoying one final swim at Blueberry Lake. When I arrived it soon became apparent to me. That I was the only person at the lake. I was to enjoy wonderful Blueberry Lake all to myself! What a special treat that was!

Then I continuing  traveling north to Waitsfield. To gas up my Corolla. The next stop would be the popular Vermont destination of Stowe. To enjoy some lunch and a bike ride. On the beautiful "Rec. Path". I did enjoy a very nice lunch at the "Cafe On Main". A great place to eat while visiting the town of Stowe. Now it was time to enjoy my bike ride on the "Rec Path". Happily I have completed this ride many times. It is a wonderful bike riding experience! Before I left Stowe I enjoyed a wonderful cup of coffee at "Black Cap Coffee". I enjoyed the coffee with a maple cookie I purchased at Cafe.

The drive to Isle LaMotte went very well! I arrived just after 4 PM. It was great to see Carol again and to be back on the Isle LaMotte! After relaxing for awhile. I did enjoy 2 short bike rides. It is a wonderful experience biking on this island. More of what Vermont is. A quiet peaceful place of beauty!!!

Riding the wonderful "Rec Path" in Stowe.

The Country Store located on North Hero Island Vt.





Being back on the Isle LaMotte feels very special!

Hangs inside "The Old Schoolhouse B & B"

No comments:

Post a Comment