Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bike Ride The River


















Today for my last day on my Oregon experience 2011. I did what most locals do. To enjoy this great city. They just get on there bikes, and ride and enjoy life. That is what exactly I did today. Also the weather turned out warm and sunny. Which made this great day possible.
I rode to to the Willamette River and enjoyed the sights and sounds of life in Portland. I also ate a bag of cashews to give me the added energy needed for the bike ride that lie ahead. I did successfully ride the Springwater trail heading south on the Willamette River. Then I crossed the river on the Selwood Bridge and rode back towards downtown on the west side of the River. Riding on the "Willamette River Trail" After arriving back downtown I rode my rented bike over the Hawthorne Bridge back to the east side. Then I rode my bike over the to Steel Bridge back to the downtown side. That bike riding was all very much enjoyed. It was now time for lunch. I decided to have lunch at "Fuller's Coffee Shop". I found this 1947 Portland eating institution with the help of my handheld GPS. Lunch consisted of a ham and veggie omelette, served with home fries, and homemade rye bread. The beverage was lots of "Boyds" hot coffee. Boyds has been giving Portlanders there coffee comfort since 1900. Boyds coffee is excellent!
After lunch I rode back to the Hawthorne Hostel. I used the Burnside Bridge to cross the Willamette River on my ride back. Total distance of the bike ride today was 18 miles.
Enjoy the photos I took of this wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment