Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dry Creek Falls via the Pacific Crest Trail











I am on a positive roll on my Portland adventure. Today I went on another dream hike. This hike was to find and enjoy Dry Creek Falls. To find this pristine beautiful place. It meant hiking on the world famous "Pacific Crest Trail" This incredible hiking trail runs for 2663 miles (4268KM)from British Columbia all the way to Mexico.
The PCT Trail was conceived by Clinton C. Clarke in 1932. It was designated a National Scenic Hiking Trail in 1968, and was not completely finished until 1993.
During the hike I did meet some other friendly fellow nature lovers. They gave me some advise on finding the Dry Creek Falls. After arriving at the falls and taking some great pictures. I used my alcohol hiking stove to cook up a great lunch on the trail. My lunch consisted of; some dried turkey, a hot chicken vegetable noddle soup, a cheese cracker, and a instant hot coffee was my beverage. An average meal, never tasted so good!!
After lunch I completed my hike. By retracing my steps back to my rented Toyota Camry. Distance of today's hike was 3.12 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment