Friday, October 7, 2011

I Went To Bend!












Today I was planing to do one more bike ride today in "The City of Roses". However Mother Nature didn't agree as an all day rain looked imminent. So I started to think like my great friend Al. So I checked the local radar. Looking at the the weather situation for Oregon.
The high desert region of the State looked clear of precipitation. So I was off to Bend. The drive was long. Also it was difficult in parts. But the whole trip was well worth it. Just like the Radar showed. The skies were clear and sunny over the high desert of Oregon.
Here was my driving route for those who wish to follow this journey. I actually drove on 3 different Oregon Scenic Byways. Which were; West Cascades, McKenzie Pass-Santiam Pass, and I did 1/2 of the Mount Hood Loop. On the drive back to Portland.
I did enjoy my short visit to Bend. I also enjoyed a great lunch a pint of beer at Deschutes Pub located at 1044 NW Bond Street. The sunny weather and unique scenery was also very much enjoyed.
I did take an amazing picture of the summit of Mt. Hood on the drive back to Portland. This has been an outstanding holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment