Monday, September 29, 2014

Autumn Splendor in Vermont

Photo from the Gathering Inn- just prior to sunset.
Today I was again able to enjoy the fantastic fall warm weather that is holding on. Also I completed my first bike ride today. One of my favorite rides from the Gathering Inn to Sandy's Bakery located in Rochester and back. The distance is about 8 1/2 miles. This time I had the chance to enjoy the ride in (A) great fall weather, and (B) during the time when the Green Mountains explode in all shades of red, gold, orange and yellow! I have included some photos of the bike ride from this morning!

Then I drove up onto Vt. Rt. 125 to the Long Trail. I completed a short hike going north. The colors on the top of the mountain by the Long Trail were striking. So I have added those pictures as well.

Part 3 of this pictorial comes from Hancock and my home in Vermont. The Gathering Inn. Just as direct sunlight was now shinning on the mountain located behind the Gathering Inn. Kathleen owner of the Gathering Inn alerted myself and new travel friend Kelsea. To view all of natural beauty. I quickly ran for my cameras. I was able to record this special scene to share with all of you!

part 1- the bike ride.





part 2- by the "Long Trail" on route 125.
 part 3- taken behind the "The Gathering Inn" just prior to sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment