Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Dream Day!

Today was a monumental day of this holiday! It is the kind of day you dream about taking place during a vacation. The weather has been wonderful during this week in the "Green Mountain State". Clear sunny Autumn days have been the norm. The high temperatures ranging from about 15 to 17C.

I planed to do a bike ride. That was recommended to me by a friendly lady working in the tourist office located in Middlebury. The ride would begin in the small village of Shoreham. Which is located in southern Vermont in the Champlain Valley. The suggested route would then take me from Shoreham to the village of Orwell. Then I would loop back to my beginning point. Which would be the historic Inn located in Shoreham.

I arrived about 11 am at the old Inn located in Shoreham. The Inn dates back to 1790. I asked permission to park my vehicle in there parking lot. The man I met working in the Inn said it would be no problem. The Inn doesn't open for bussiness until 5 PM. The man was very friendly. He was happy to fill my water bottle for me. Then the man also assisted me in securing the mount for my Garmin hand-held GPS. To the handlebar of my bicycle. The direction out of Shoreham was VT Route 74 east. Which took me threw some beautiful Vermont scenery. Which included farmland, rolling hills, views of the Green Mountains & the Adirondacks. Plus some brief views of Lake Champlain.

It felt like I was visiting heaven for most of this journey today. As I have described in previous posts on this blog. The State of Vermont is "God's Country" and belongs on the list of the best natural beautiful and unspoilt places that still exist on our planet Earth!

My journey took me to Vermont Route 73 into the village of Orwell. The Buxtons Store is located in Orwell. It is an excellent Vermont General Store that now ranks of one of the best that I have the pleasure to visit. During my Vermont vacations. The selection, atmosphere and the chicken salad sandwich I purchased were all great! I was now in a pure state of Euphoria as I enjoyed my lunch siting across the street from Buxtons. On this beautiful sunny Autumn Day. Located here in the State of Vermont!

I then leisurely rode my bicycle back on the North Orell Road. To where I had begun my journey today. In front of the historic Inn located in the village of Shoreham. Enjoy the photos!!!

Thanks so much Mother Nature & Vermont for making this great day possible!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment