Friday, October 9, 2015

Distracted Driving!

Today the rain came in determination. I certainly cannot complain about this. For Mother Nature has done a great job keeping Vermont sunny and beautiful during my vacation. After I finished my breakfast at the "Gathering Inn" I drove north on Route 100 to Sandy's for a hot herbal tea. After relaxing there for awhile. I then drove north through the Rochester Gap to the village of Bethel. I checked out a thrift store located there. I then drove north on Vt Route 12. Until I reached the town of Randolph. They also have a very interesting thrift store located there. No major finds today. I did purchase a MLB reproduction vintage cap which I have not yet identified. I think it is from the "Chicago White Stockings". However this is yet to be determined.
I believe this is a gray vintage "Boston Red Sox Cap"

I enjoyed a nice lunch at a diner in Randolph, named "Wright At Home". My meal was a ham, onion, cheddar and mushroom omelette with home-fries, with friendly service included. Then I made the decision to continue my day, by traveling north on Route 12 to the town of Northfield. The drive on Route 12 from Randolph to Northfield was fantastic! Despite the rain. The spectacular fall colors in Vermont were very much enjoyed! After I left Northfield. I drove on route 12A (The Roxbury Gap) first through the village of Roxbury. Then on to the village of Warren. Which was another unforgettable scenic drive. I then just had to stop at the Warren Store for one of there delicious coffees'. Before heading back to Hancock & The Gathering Inn.

Now I defiantly not condoning Distracted or unsafe driving in any way! These days there is too much of it going on. When people that think nothing of using there digital devises while they are operating there vehicles. Casing unnecessary injures, property damage and deaths. Very frustrating indeed. When safe hand-free options are easily available these days. The fine for "Distracted Driving" in my home province of Ontario has been recently raised to $500 Canadian! This fine really is too low. As the love affair people have with there digital devises and constant frivolous e-communications will persist! As being addicted to this type of behavior is considered by our society to be O.K. and normal!

My distracted driving today. Which I am guilty! Was absorbing all of the beauty of Vermont while I was behind the wheel of my Elantra. Driving on Route 12 to Northfield today. It makes me very happy to present these photos of the wonderful experience! Enjoy!

A few shots from Warren Vt.

No comments:

Post a Comment