Saturday, October 10, 2015

Life In The "City"

"The Church Street Shopping Area"
For the final day of my Autumn trip to Vermont. I started with a special breakfast. This consisted of a delicious meal of steak and eggs. A side order of baked beans and whole wheat toast were also included. Coffee was my beverage. It was a breakfast to remember! You have to enjoy special attributes while enjoying a vacation. This is an important element of having a great time!

Then I jumped into that car of mine and headed northward on Vermont Route 100. Before I reached the town of Waitsfield I couldn't avoid noticing a large garage sale that was underway. I just had to stop to check it out. Lots to look at. However my only purchase was a small portable car vacuum. That is very useful and should get used a lot to try and keep my ride tidy.

Then I was on my way to visit the big city located in the State of Vermont. This is in fact the City of Burlington. Which lies on the west coast of Lake Champlain. Located 94 miles south of the city of Montreal, Quebec Canada. The population of Burlington Vermont was a huge population of 42,211 as 2014. The metropolitan Burlington's population comes in at 213,701. Which is about 1/3 of Vermont's total population. Also Vermont's Metro Population is less then 1/2 of the population in my home city of Brampton located in Ontario, Canada. One of the great atributues of Vermont is that the state is not over crowded!

The downtown and Lake Front area of this wonderful city is both beautiful, green and unique! The Church Street pedestrian only shopping district. Contains lots of great shopping options plus lots of choice to satisfy any appetite! Also the city features the "Burlington Bike Path". That follows the shoreline of Lake Champlain and contains lots of beautiful views of the lake and assorted relaxing scenery! I enjoyed all of the above during my visit to Burlington today.

I have included some photos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwioh6ftIt8 The song "The City" performed by Jimmy Buffett.

No comments:

Post a Comment