Tuesday, October 6, 2015

How About A Nice Game of Chess?

My talking Chess Computer Radio Shack 1900L.
The title from this post is from one of my all time favorite movies. The 1983 movie "War Games" staring Mathew Broderick and Aly Sheedy. The plot of the story is about Mathew Broaderick teen age character "David L. Lightman".Who finds the back door entry to the Norad War Simulation Computer "The Whopper". Believing he is playing some exciting new video games from a gaming company located in California. By David's ingenuity and brilliance. By use of what has become mainstream now "The Internet". David almost begins World War 3. Which would be a disaster for all of mankind!

Now back to my wonderful holiday which is ongoing. Located in the Green Mountain State of Vermont. I enjoyed another great day of my vacation. Starting to unwind and feel more like myself again. Which in this modern advanced world we now live in can be a real challenge.

I spent a nice time just browsing threw 2 thrift stores located in Middlebury Vermont. I found and purchased 2 computer chess board games. I also enjoyed a very nice lunch at the Thai restaurant located in Middlebury named "Sabai Sabai". I enjoyed a nice plate of Ginger Chicken & rice with a hot cup of Thai Tea. Also I spent some relaxed time with "Otter Creek Falls" which is located right in downtown Middlebury and is a special part of this idyllic Vermont town.

On returning back to the Gathering Inn. I was now in the mood to enjoy one of my favorite past times. Having some special time riding a bike. I rode 4 miles north on Route 100 to the Granville General Store. Then the 4 miles back to the Gathering Inn.

In the evening I enjoyed by first yoga class. Amanda who did a great job conducting the class. Made it quite clear how pursuing Yoga can become a very positive step in living a happy and active life. Excellent job Amanda!!!

I will end this post with a final quote from "The Whopper" from the movie "War Games".

With some hope for common sense and good reason. Maybe by using the intelligence necessary to learn and master the game of "Chess". Would help to avoid another world catastrophe. In the event of nuclear weapons ever being used again. Which sadly is a real possibility. In the state of our world today!

View looking out of the "Sabai Sabai" Thai Restaurant.
"Otter Creek Falls"
Riding my bike on Route 100.

Video of "Otter Creek Falls" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYw6DHB9fbI

The trailer for the 1983 film "War Games" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbqMuvnx5MU

No comments:

Post a Comment