Saturday, March 7, 2020

Elephant Butte Lake State Park




After my very nice visit to The White Sands National Monument. I was now travelling to my next destination, during this holiday. This would be the city of Truth and Consequences.

Originally this small cities name was "Hot Springs" as the city features several therapeutic hot springs bath houses. The naturally hot mineral water is suppose be very healthy to soak in.

 The city changed its name to "Truth or Consequences" as the result of a radio show contest. In March 1950, Ralph Edwards, the host of the popular NBC Radio quiz show Truth or Consequences, announced that he would air the program on its 10th anniversary from the first town that renamed itself after the show; Hot Springs officially changed its name on March 31, 1950, and the program was broadcast from there the following night.

After enjoying another very pleasant New Mexico drive. When I arrived in Truth or Consequences. I set out to relax at the beautiful State Park named Elephant Butte. The park features the largest lake in the State of New Mexico.

I have included some pictures I took while I was enjoying the park.







No comments:

Post a Comment