Sunday, March 8, 2020

The Back Country Byway to Emory Pass



Caballo Lake
My full day spent in Truth and Consequences was enjoyed! Travelers enjoy to travel! The day was sunny and beautiful. The Zia had inspired me to see and enjoy a new part of the "Land of Enchantment". My first destination was Caballo Lake State Park. Another beautiful lake area located 15 to the south of Truth and Consequences.

Then I drove the back Country Byway all the way to reach the Emory Pass on Hillsboro Peak. I passed through the small villages of Hillsboro and Kingston to reach the Pass. The Emory Pass reaches a height of 8228 feet. The views are excellent.

Then I returned back to the small village of Hillsboro and enjoyed a great lunch at the general store located there.

Then I drove back to Truth and Consequences. Did some shopping and then returned back to my motel. I then went to enjoy a hot bath at the Pelican Spa. The hot bath was a unique pleasure. I then just relaxed after the bath in town and enjoyed the sun and just the fact that I`m back in New Mexico and on vacation.










The drive up to Emory Pass and the views!


The small New Mexican town of Hillsboro
 Excellent lunch at the General Store
 The Hillsboro Post Office
The drive back to Truth or Consequences

No comments:

Post a Comment