Thursday, March 5, 2020

The Resting Place of "Billy The Kid"



After leaving Santa Rosa, I was now on my way to the city of Clovis, New Mexico. during this trip. I passed through the town of Fort Sumner. Where on July 14, 1881. The famous outlaw "Billy The Kid" was killed by Sheriff Pat Garrett.

I had to see his resting place. Where Henry McCarty which was his real name was resting in peace. During his life lived in the Great State of New Mexico. Henry changed his name to William H. Bonney, and became know as Billy The Kid.

He is short life was full of adventure. He made and did the best he could living under difficult circumstances. Doing my research about him.

Here is a link if you want to learn more about the real facts about Henry McCarty, aslo well known as Billy The Kid!

https://www.history.com/news/9-things-you-may-not-know-about-billy-the-kid








No comments:

Post a Comment