Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Drive away and escape to Westport!







I was up early today. I enjoyed a decent night sleep at the Green Tortoise. It is a very decent hostel. It has a fantastic downtown Seattle location. I had a chance to say goodbye to Katie. She made a reservation for me on Friday. We will see if my itinerary will take me back to Seattle on the trip back north to Vancouver.

I made the decision to take the car on the ferry boat back to Bainbridge Island. To do the drive from Bainbridge to Bremerton en route to the south and the state of Oregon. I have to say outright this drive was one of the scenic and wonderful driving experiences I have been on. The beauty, color, and diversity of the state of Washington were all part of this wonderful trip by car.

This drive kept me a euphoric state during the whole time I was behind the wheel. I did make a few stops. For gas, food, and to heed nature's call. Also I stopped to look for treasure. No luck finding any. The old saying is "Noting ventured, nothing ventured". As you must know by reading this. This old saying is not correct. It should read "Nothing ventured, nothing gained". The incorrect old saying comes from the movie "Let It Ride" and from the character Viki played by Jenifer Tilly. Who in this movie relied more on amazing looks, rather then her brains.

I enjoyed a very good lunch at the Olympic Station Deli in the town of Shelton. The ladies that were working there were very friendly, and helpful. Also the quality of the food was also very good. I enjoyed 1/2 of turkey and pastrami sandwich, and a bowl of Split pea soup. I topped it off with desert, and a generous single scoop of Olympic Mountain Ice cream. The flavor was creamsicle. The ice cream was like this trip has been. Wonderful! This quality bakery restaurant is located at 410 N 1st. Street, Shelton, Washington.

Now after being well feed. I was now on my way to my final destination for the day. I had decided to make the town of Westport, Washington. My final destination for the day. Westport is located right on the ocean, on the south side of the opening of Gray's Harbor. It is a quiet and peaceful, and tranquil fishing town. I though about continuing on further south. However I thought I had done enough driving today, and it was time to kick back and take a brake behind the wheel. Also I found a decent place to stay for the night. I received a decent private room at the Pacific Motel. I paid $49 for the room. In these days of high inflation and greed. $49 for a decent accommodation is a good deal. The only disappointment of the day was my dinner. The friendly lady who runs thine Pacific Motel recommended to me. The One Eyed Crab restaurant, located in the town. The food service and prices were all bad. At least there are consistent. Tomorrow I make my way to the state of Oregon. I am looking forward to that. Please stay tuned.

1 comment: